Monday, November 14, 2016

NaNo on and keep it real.

As many of you know, I never NaNo.  This time of year is just too busy for me.  Sometimes I JaNo and sometimes I SEPTEMBO, but never NaNo. I wish that I could, but I just can't.  I do, however, enjoy the excitement other authors are sharing as they embark on this endeavor.

For example,  I do have a close friend who has decided that not only she, but that her whole family will NaNo.  I am so thrilled for her and have been cheering her on for nearly two weeks.  I try to give her space so that she can get those words out in peace, but I am also available for walks and talks so that she can work through various writing issues.  It is fun to be a part of her writing process.

 Now as she and countless others fast approach the halfway mark, I just thought I'd put out a reminder call for you all to keep it real not just in your stories, but also your personal lives.  Don't forget to get out in experience life this month; it'll only help to make your writing that much stronger.  I think it is important to write as much as you can while on a roll, but sometimes, you hit a snag in the writing process and no matter how hard you try to force the writing it just doesn't come naturally.  Fine - take a break.  Get out and experience life.  Inspiration will come again and you'll be back at those keyboards in no time.

Best of luck NaNo writers.  Keep it real, find that voice, and torture those poor characters a little.  Your readers will thank you.

Now lace up those shoes and get out there!
And don't worry, your characters will be with you every step of the way.

Enjoy life, enjoy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment