Monday, August 29, 2016

Muggin' It

Sometimes the best pieces of advice are the ones that stare you right in your face. Or in this case, every morning when I take a sip of coffee. 
Mug that says Make it Worse
Mug that says Tension on Every Page

Mug that says Raise The StakesI've had the pleasure of working with independent editor Lorin Oberweger and attending several of her Free Expressions conferences including The Breakout Novel with Donald Maass. For fun, she created a few t-shirts that including key phrases from some of the workshops. They caught on, and the rest is history. 

I love my mugs because after writing a scene or a chapter or whatever it is that I'm writing, I can look back and check off:

1) Was there "Tension on Every Page?"
2) Did I try to "Make it Worse?" 
3) Am I continuing to "Raise the Stakes?" 

If I haven't, well, first, I grab another cup of coffee, then I dig in again. 

You can check out Lorin's fun and informative merch here





3 comments:

  1. Fun mugs. Now if they would just put those on Coca-Cola cans, I'd be all set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun mugs. Now if they would just put those on Coca-Cola cans, I'd be all set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that last one! I may have to have it...

    ReplyDelete